Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Tigers and Indians

Ok first off.

For those of you not following baseball, My Detroit Tigers beat the Yankees last week in a decisive 3-1 blowout. The last game was a joy to watch.For Tigers fans this has been great, the team hasn't made it to the playoffs since 1987. Not to mention they've been on the dregs of the AL for most of that time. I used to look at the box scores just to see if we could beat out the Royals for last place. So it's been a while.

Next.

I love Indian cinema. I really do. I think it's the combination of musical dance with the kitch factor. Take the opening scene of Ghost world for example where Enid is watching the 1965 film Gumnaam. Great stuff.

The best part is these people can dance to anything. I mean ANYTHING. But when they combine it with American pop culture, well sir, that's where Bollywood shines.

Here's the Creme de la creme. Granted it's not Bollywood technically, being from another part of India, but who's being technical.

Check out the Indian king of pop. So to speak.

1 Comments:

At 10/11/2006 10:25 AM, Blogger Jack said...

I'm not sure it's that structured. It's more like pop culture viewed through a Gopalan Decoder ring (tm)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home