Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Well I wouldn't say I've been 'missing' work...

Apparently we've got a consultant coming into the office to critique our workflow. Or some other BS like that. All I can think about is the two 'Bobs' in office space who are the downsizing consultants. I'm mightly tempted to take Peter's (the hero of office space) approach with the consultant.

Peter Gibbons: You see Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.
Bob Porter: Don't... don't care?
Peter Gibbons: It's a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I work my ass off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime, so where's the motivation? And here's another thing, I have eight different bosses right now.
Bob Porter: Eight?
Peter Gibbons: Eight, Bob. So that means when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled, that, and the fear of losing my job. But you know, Bob, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired.

Were it not for the fact that I acutally like some aspects of my job and have family to worry about, I think I'd tell them what I really thought about the company and consulting in general. Besides some people tell me I look a little like Ron Livingston.

2 Comments:

At 9/27/2006 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need one of these for your desk.

Check out http://officespaceawards.com

 
At 9/28/2006 8:31 AM, Blogger Jack said...

Sweet! That gives me an idea...stay tuned for pics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home