Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Watch out Steve Zissou!

I've just gotten my first documentary assignment!!!!

So it looks like Amy and I will have an opportunity in October to go on our church's Pan-American Medical Mission. The church sends doctors, dentists and nurses to a small village in Quintana Roo, in the Yucatán Peninsula. Amy and I will be helping out with the medical mission (looks like I'll be constructing eyeglasses) but they've also asked me to take the camera along and document the whole thing. Can't wait. I really need to start brushing up on my Spanish (even though most of the people speak Mayan. We have to go from English to Spanish to Mayan. Better to cut out one of these if possible.)

So if anyone has advice about shooting documentary films in small Latin American villages please pass it along.

4 Comments:

At 8/30/2006 10:39 AM, Blogger sdkdfhlkjh said...

Just be subtle. Don't ask for retakes. Be honest with your subjects. Sounds like a very choice opportunity for the both of you. Keep us posted!

 
At 8/30/2006 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool, Jack. What a great experience. Take lots of photos, and try to keep the blog up as best you can. (I'm adding a link to you.) -MM

 
At 8/31/2006 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...alpaca, alpaca,alpaca,alpaca...

Yes, it is fun!

 
At 8/31/2006 11:17 AM, Blogger Jack said...

Steve, don't be silly...

Everyone knows Amy can only hold 1 M-16 and a bazooka. Our 2 assault rifle, 1 anti-armor training is not complete yet.

Alpaca!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home