Sunday, May 20, 2007

Hangin' with the rents

I spent last week down in Texas City with the Rents. They've moved into a nice little house literally blocks from the ocean. Dad could be fishing in 5 minutes flat if he wanted. Mom has already started to get involved in the artist communities in Texas City and Galveston. I think they are both really enjoying themselves.

While I was there I got to play tourist a little. The first thing I wanted to do was visit the Lone Star Flight Museum in Galveston.
This is a really nice facility and they have some great aircraft many that are terrific condition and still flying.
























I also got to putt around Houston for a little bit. We went to eat at a Dim Sum restaurant that was outstanding. We also went to a huge Asian food store.
















I got to eat more seafood that I knew what to do with. Since fresh seafood isn't exactly an Oklahoma specialty I took advantage of it while I could.

We all got to go to the beach for a day. Dad and I did some fishing and Mom played in the ocean and collected all sorts of shells.

















Although all we caught were some small whiting there was a guy down the beach from us who put up a great fight and eventually reeled in a pretty big yellow jack.

















All in all it was a great trip and I really enjoyed spending time with the parents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home