Tuesday, January 09, 2007

All I am saying...is give think a chance.

Look, I know it's a little dangerous to rant about your workplace online. There are entire companies out in cyberspace dedicated to checking up on potential employees with regard to thier blogs, myspace accounts, etc.

I also realize that not everyone is technically saavy. There is not a vast cadre of nerds waiting to fill every postition. I'm fine with that. In fact it guarantees I'll have some type of job for quite a while. But for goodness sakes people, whether you like it or not, computers and the internet are a vital part of business. Learn a little, a modicum, the scant basics of the theory about what's going on here. Otherwise we have senators running around talking about the internet being a series of pipes and the president talking about The Google.

Speaking of The Google, my bosstypeperson called me on the phone this morning. (He prefers these things over sending me internets.)

Bosstypeperson:"Does Google have a website?"

Me: Yes.

Bosstypeperson:What is it?

Me: (pausing ever so slightly) uh. Google.com

Bosstypeperson:Yeah, well that takes me to the search thingy. I want to know if they have a website like ours. That tells me about their company.

Me: (pausing again) On that first page there is a link that says "About Google" click that and I think you'll find what you're looking for.

Bosstypeperson:Ok. Thanks.

Oh God... just let me have strength.

2 Comments:

At 1/09/2007 7:10 PM, Blogger Amy Stewart said...

Careful honey... have you ever read how Dooce came to be? Check out her story of how her blog came to be...

love you dear - see you tomorrow night.

Oh, and check out my new blog

mythesisjourney.blogspot.com

 
At 1/18/2007 2:47 PM, Blogger Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

I was going to say the same thing. Don't be dooced!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home