Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Time to get outta Dodge.

So my dad walks into McD's the other day in BFE, Texas...

Dad: "I'd like the Oriental Salad" (Hey my dad's trying to eat well even if it's mcd's)

Underpaid worker bee: "I'm sorry sir, we have a Ceasar salad and an Asian salad, but no Oriental Salad."

Now at this point I realize there is a slight possiblity she was being PC and took some offense at a slightly antiquated term. But I doubt it.

I think my parents are so ready to get out of this little town of 6000 its not even funny. I'm not sure what they're going to do when they get to a place that acutally has a bookstore.

So basically they've got another month before they move to Texas City. Granted it's basically a Houston suburb, but at least it's near a real town.

1 Comments:

At 8/23/2006 9:33 PM, Blogger sdkdfhlkjh said...

Houston's hardly what I'd call a 'town.' But I'll bet they've got a bookstore by now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home