Thursday, August 17, 2006

I think of this stuff at 3 A.M. I swear.

There is a well-documented ability of people to come up with snappy answers and comebacks approximately 1 hour after the necessary moment it was needed. For me, my witty retort epiphany hits me at about 3 A.M. Problem being I'm usually asleep or really tired at 3 A.M. and I don't care.

My friend Steve is a strange exception to this rule. He has the uncanny ability to comeback with a sharp response nearly instantly. Not only that he can do it first thing in the morning, which I found beyond irritating when were roommates in college.

My brother Dan also is blessed with the ability to verbally respond with uncanny rapidity, however, he does it in such a deadpan, dry manner it would make an Englishman weep with jealousy. Really, it took me 20 years or so to figure out exactly when he was joking.

Needless to say that this post is all just a big buildup. Yesterday I stumbled across video blog that encapsulated perfectly the way I was feeling about the latest rash of terrorism (or lack thereof). Anyway check out The Show with zefrank. (Warning - Not for the kiddos)

Geez, why hadn't I said it first?

1 Comments:

At 8/18/2006 10:47 AM, Blogger sdkdfhlkjh said...

I'm with ya. 'Pithy' was never one of my strong suits either. But that's why this world was blessed with folk like Steve-o and Dan.
...Oh, and the video link...very cool. Probably as sensible as anything I've heard regarding this mess yet. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home